If you find yourself with too much cottage cheese and don’t know what to do, then try to remember these cottage cheese pancakes! Or perhaps you feel like eating pancakes but want to try something new, this is it 🙂
- 3 eggs
- 250 g/ml cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 60 g flour
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the eggs, cottage cheese and honey in a bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat with some butter then pour about 1 small ladle of the mixture onto the pan for each pancake.
- Fry on both sides until pancakes are set and golden.
- Serve with your choice of topping
If you are craving some other type of pancake then check out:
- Swedish fattiga riddare (similar to french toast)
- Swedish ugnspannkaka / oven pancake with pork
- Swedish potato pancakes with fried pork (raggmunk med fläsk)
- 50 different pancakes around the world
Or for Pancake day / Shrove Tuesday /Fat Tuesday you could try out another typical Swedish speciality; semla!