I just love gnocchi with creamy blue cheese sauce, and this is my best recipe for it including delicious crisp asparagus and peas for a complete weeknight meal. You can switch blue cheese for gorgonzola or some other delicious cheese. You could of course do the gnocchi yourself but then it would not be a fast dinner on a weeknight, instead I use ready made gnocchi which cuts the time for this recipe to below 30 min! Just don’t forget the parmesan as I did in the picture 😉
- 500 g gnocchi (1 pound)
- olive oil
- 2 shallots
- 300 g fresh asparagus (2½ cup when cut)
- 300 ml cream (1 cup)
- 125 g blue cheese (5 oz)
- 250 ml frozen grean peas (1 cup)
- Finely dice the shallots, cut the asparagus in roughly the same size as the gnocchi.
- Heat up a pan with som olive oil and sauté the shallots until translucent over medium-high heat
- Add the asparagus and cook for around 5 min, season with salt and pepper then transfer everything to a separate bowl for later use
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Pour the cream into the pan along with crumbled blue cheese and stir until melted. Reduce heat to low
- Cook the gnocchi according to package (usually just a few minutes). Add the peas to the pan with the sauce.
- Drain the gnocchi once they are ready and add to the creamy sauce. Mix until everything is coated then add the asparagus and shallots and toss to combine.
- Let the pan heat up everything then serve hot with shaved or shredded parmesan on top
Check out some of our other vegetarian recipes