This recipe for Swedish beet soup is perfect for fall. Ginger and lemon works really well with the sweet and earthy taste of beets. I dare to say that it is the best beet soup I have tasted! For you that have already tried recipes from this site you know that I only upload recipes that are truelly great 🙂
- 6 beets
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 600 ml water
- 2 cubes bouillon
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- black pepper
- sour cream
- Peel and cube the beets
- Finely chop the onion and fry with butter, beets and minced garlic until translucent
- Add grated ginger. Best tips is to peel garlic and then keep it in the freezer until needed. So much easier to grate it using a microplane or similar.
- Add water and bouillon and let it simmer under a lid for 20 min
- Here you can either mix the soup to get it smooth or just leave all the pieces for contrasting texture.
- Add the zest of a small lemon and the juice of it or around 3 tbsp lemon juice.
- Serve with sour creme and some bread
More traditional Swedish recipes from IngredientMatcher here >>>